Search anything you fancy in the blog... Just type in.

Wednesday 8 January 2014

The Boss is Always Right, Right?

I did :D
It was Sunday. I was about to have lunch. My boss called. He told me to write and send two news reports - one on the flood situation of the Kaziranga National Park and another on the Islamists’ attack on the Holy Tombs of Timbuktu in Mali, recently inscribed on UNESCO's List of Heritage in Danger. Well, postponing my lunch, I dialled a few numbers and filed the two reports and sent to my boss’s mail id.
He called again. Unhappy that I did not write “the largest national park in India” before Kaziranga.
I explained that it is NOT the largest national park in India.
His argument was, “Why not? India TV is saying so in their news.” (India TV? Seriously? Is it even a channel for decent people to watch?)
I said, “It doesn’t matter if India TV is saying so. Kaziranga is NOT the largest National Park in India.”
Boss said, “I see”.
I emphasized further that I did mention the real facts about Kaziranga in the news like the Kaziranga National Park hosts two-thirds of the world's one-horned Rhinoceroses and boasts the highest density of tigers among the protected areas in the world. The park was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006. Moreover, Kaziranga was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 for its unique natural environment.  
We both hung up.
The news went online. To my surprise, he actually did add the portion he wanted and wrote the headline as, “The Largest National Park in India, Kaziranga is submerged under water”.
I felt really bad. How could he do that? He cannot just create a fact based on his whims. Argh… I wish he googled once before freezing his decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Liked it?

Trending now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...