Search anything you fancy in the blog... Just type in.

Friday 7 November 2008

Vertical Gardening


Gardening has always been an intense hobby since my childhood. I am fascinated by the work of Mother Nature and God. Its nothing but the work of art by God Himself. This hobby has come to me through heredity. Yes, my father is into fruits gardening as a hobby and my mother simply loves a kitchen and flower garden in her front yard. Though age and work is keeping my parents away from pursuing their hobbies, I am addicted to this passion of gardening. I have been planting seedlings and assisting my parents whenever they worked in my paternal home garden. Even during my college and university days I always had a plant or a container on my desk. More...

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your vertical gardening, I hope we will see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement :-) I have posted another photo-filled post. I'll be honoured if you have a look at that too. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Modern day demands always play the role of a hurdle in pursuing our passions and hobbies." Oh, yes, indeed. It's all about the hurdle. The hurdle is everything now. And, who set it so high? Did I have something to do with that? I dearly hope not, but I don't remember. The hurdle seems to move with a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monii....you really are a flower freak ! I really enjoyed your vertical garden. You must be having one heck of lucky neighbours...they get to see your new creations everyday.Do you stay in a studio apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Book shelf needs an addition called 'Little Prince', something a person like you would enjoy tremendously. About your garden, its lovely, a passion that one can maintain wherever you go, irrespective of space constraints.. like you did.. sadly they are no alternative to society and friends much as we would like them to be! its a wonderful blog :)

    Tumpa ba

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read it somewhere, - Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.- Dr.Bikash Rai Das

    ReplyDelete
  7. @drdrdas
    Yes, you are right. However, the humidity in Kolkata helps the vertical garden to get its moisture from air. However, the soil used for the plants needs to be well watered. Watering every alternate day when there is no rain is important.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Liked it?

Trending now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...